#211 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 December 2023 - 07:20 PM

Hey John,

Just catching up here - Hat has been doing a bang up job of keeping you going... as he always does. 

I did fear that your sudden stoppage would catch you up, but you at least know what it is. After the withdrawals - plural! - it comes as no shock to me that this is what you are now unfortunately going through. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. One has to be really strong to fight through these days, BUT your body IS on the mend and you WILL see it through to the other side. It is just going to take some time. 

The studies of brain plasticity says it all. It is not possible for you to be in this permanent anxious, low, running naked in the street place! You did what you felt was right and regardless, we are here for you and to help in every way possible. 

When I came off Dulox, I remember what I went through. I specifically remember being in such a state of anxiety that I couldn't get the meds for the wife - who amongst other things, is agoraphobic, so relies on me for such things. She went out to the pharmacy sweating buckets and her prescription wasn't ready and she started sweeping her arms across the shelves smashing everything to the floor. The fuzz were called and I had to go and sort it out despite being in a state of bearly being able to walk - and living on the fourth floor of my apartment block with no elevator was not good. 

Things get better John. It can't rain all the time. Hang in there and you will, bit by bit, start to see the positives coming through. I can assure you of that.

Wishing you and yours the very best for Christmas and the New Year. I will be here regardless, so if you need help - any time - just post or message and I will be there...

Take care dear friend.

p.s. We have a tradition here on the South-East coast of running naked into the sea on Boxing Day. Can't say that I am too keen on participating myself!! Regardless of the cold weather reducing my manhood to the size of an acorn, it is just not healthy!!! At least you have socks :)

#212 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 December 2023 - 07:47 AM

"the cold weather reducing my manhood to the size of an acorn"

Oh, I love it. I will be laughing about that all day long. 

#213 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:49 AM

Mine starts at the size of an acorn before the weather gets it

thanks guys ;)

#214 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 December 2023 - 10:08 AM

IUN........were you not just on DUL for a few short months,yes?

tapered the dUL30 down to 20mg 4 weeks ago.......IDK if my recent episodes of depression/anxiety are the Diazepam taper and stop which ended about 5 weeks ago or the ongoing 30 to 20 taper of dUL.........gut feeling is it's the diazepam I feel time to time

so, could I drop 25% DUL down to 15mg ok? considering it's only been 4 or 5 months since i started them

I probably will go down in 10% increments when i hit the 10mg

#215 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2023 - 12:37 PM

"so, could I drop 25% DUL down to 15mg ok?"

If you think you can handle the increase in withdrawal, go for it.

#216 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 December 2023 - 05:57 PM

My tourturous dealings with Dulox lasted 10 weeks before I decided to get off the stuff. If only I could go back....

Best guess for your anxiety and depression is a PAWS result of the Diazepam. 

Don't think the 25% drop of the Dulox will impact too much, but as Hat said, just make sure you feel you can handle it....

Merry Christmas John (& Hat) - hope it is a good one!

#217 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 10:11 AM

May have asked before  :) dropped DUL20mg to 15mg (25%)  3 days ago......when can I expect the punch in the face?

#218 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 December 2023 - 06:35 PM

There are a few factors to consider such as reserves in fat tissue and such, but generally, with Dulox and its short half life, you can expect the worst to hit between 3-5 days. 

Things shouldn't get any worse after 5 days following the drop. 

#219 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 06:09 AM

There are a few factors to consider such as reserves in fat tissue and such, but generally, with Dulox and its short half life, you can expect the worst to hit between 3-5 days. 

Things shouldn't get any worse after 5 days following the drop. 

Hmmmm....Day 4 today and bad dreams an' shit last night, I could sense it was here.

with the last 15mg.....could I go 15/11/8/5....(5mg to Zero) a drop every 10 days if OK?

#220 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2023 - 07:30 AM

If you feel you can handle it at the time. Your body will let you know.

#221 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 10:24 AM

FH

Ta Bro....I had a think and gonna go.....

Current DUL15mg/10days

then D12/10days D08/10days D06/10days D03/10days

Brutalz dreamz last night......this is a MEAN MoFo wot messes with yer heid......you guys are the Dawgz Titz though :wub:

Do I get a honorary badge or somethin' for doing two WD's at same time? a badge or dunce cap will be fine

Badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges

#222 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2023 - 11:34 AM

"a badge or dunce cap will be fine"

Both!!!

I liked that western. I am a big fan of westerns.

#223 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:59 PM

....Once upon a Time in the West in me favourite

Sloooooooooow but great nonetheless and the music is SPECTACULAR

#224 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 01:51 PM

Hat/IUN

I need help in my woolly head and check for my figures...

If 30mg DULOXETINE cap contains  142 x beads......how many beads for D12mg.....D08.....D06.....D03?

Thanks guys  :)

#225 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 02:23 PM

56......37.......28.......14....beads?

HOUSE!

#226 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 December 2023 - 05:26 PM

If 142 beads gives you 30mg, that give 4.73 beads per mg...

So simply multiply 4.73 by the dose you want... 

So 12mg will be 57 beads, 8mg would be 38 beads and yes 28 beads for 6mg and 14 beads for 3mg.

Ah, the days of bead counting. Man did they suck....

#227 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 12:45 PM

Hat/IUN

At around 6 weeks out I think the worse of my Diazepam probs are behind me ( i should know by now that whenever one mentions shit like this IT COMES BACK!) so, we'll see  :)

5 days into a taper of DUL and now at 15mg, the lowest I have ever been at, and other than some headaches/bad dreams/ and a little lost at times I am for the most part OK really

What I have noticed to be reappearing, and missed, is clarity of mind and some positive thoughts at last. I think I have been so lost and low that it is a bit scary to think sometimes just how lost and low...

it would be a wonder if this new sobriety continued to improve... a rebirth of sorts...once again, we'll see

Best of luck and my warmest thoughts to you two guys and your own fights in the new year and thank you from the bottom of my heart

PS my long suffering wife stopped drinking on new years day last year and decided to stop for a trial year ( she has NO problem with alcohol) here we are at xmas a year later and she has decided on another tee total year...this summer will be 15 years off drink for me....I am adding to that list of No, no's Duloxetine and Dizzypam

All the best for '24

John

xx

#228 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 December 2023 - 01:17 PM

Thanks John - and here's hoping you have a good New Year.

Glad to hear your wife is remained AF. It is much easier to stay sober than quit again. And 15 years for you... superb. I am still having issues flare up every now and again, but my days of drinking are over. It is not good to be drinking heavily when you have health anxiety...

IUN

#229 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 December 2023 - 02:02 PM

"it would be a wonder if this new sobriety continued to improve"

Ah, the return of clarity is one of the best benefits of coming odd.

May you have a great and prosperous New year!!

#230 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 12:42 PM

Hat/IUN

At around 6 weeks out I think the worse of my Diazepam probs are behind me ( i should know by now that whenever one mentions shit like this IT COMES BACK!) so, we'll see  :)

5 days into a taper of DUL and now at 15mg, the lowest I have ever been at, and other than some headaches/bad dreams/ and a little lost at times I am for the most part OK really

What I have noticed to be reappearing, and missed, is clarity of mind and some positive thoughts at last. I think I have been so lost and low that it is a bit scary to think sometimes just how lost and low...

it would be a wonder if this new sobriety continued to improve... a rebirth of sorts...once again, we'll see

Best of luck and my warmest thoughts to you two guys and your own fights in the new year and thank you from the bottom of my heart

PS my long suffering wife stopped drinking on new years day last year and decided to stop for a trial year ( she has NO problem with alcohol) here we are at xmas a year later and she has decided on another tee total year...this summer will be 15 years off drink for me....I am adding to that list of No, no's Duloxetine and Dizzypam

All the best for '24

John

xx

HaHa....^ and so it was  :)

Day 7 of my last DUL taper.....and my lovely period of a good run of days is over, for just now

I think I am dealing with DUL WD now and NOT the Diazepam...it feels that way

Awoke feeling a little wired and not so stress free as the days before....gloomy and constantly worrying about self and future....felt like DULOXETINE whispering lies in my head this time rather than the Dizzypams....i think/hope it could pass in a day. My thoughts are DUL is every bit as hard to come off as Diazepam and in a category along with Citalopram as the drugs from hell

Duloxetine messes with your peepee flow/crap factory/stomach/head/ and even your dreams.....I started to have sex dreams last night and that's a first in months  :)

what a thing to admit to but we are all here to help and reassure one another,right?

Am i right in thinking that whatever symptoms each new taper brings should normally be revealed in the 1st 10 days of new taper?

Here's a wee song for y'all as a way of thanks.......stick with the slow start!

#231 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 02:43 PM

HNY!!!!

:)

#232 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2023 - 04:18 PM

Was that little girl given the wrong anti-depressants?! :)

Am i right in thinking that whatever symptoms each new taper brings should normally be revealed in the 1st 10 days of new taper?

Pretty much, although my severe muscle weakness took a little longer to show up after I stopped the Dulox,

Happy New Year all!!!

#233 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:45 AM

Happy New Year and I hope you all did not have fireworks all night long like my mrs and I did. Yesh!!! Worse than the 4th of July. A good day for a nap.  lol

#234 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 11:01 AM

yes Sir, HNY!

Right now I am on the DUL15mg run and intend to go.....D12mg/D08/D06/D03

Any reason why I could not cut this "run in" a wee bit short with the following schedule, D12mg..D08..D05..STOP

I would be stopping at 5mg dose and only three more tapers not four...whaddya think?

#235 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2024 - 11:50 AM

If you think you can handle it, give it a try.

#236 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 11:58 AM

Is it a bad idea Hat?

#237 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2024 - 01:28 PM

The way you have been handling things so far I think it is worth a try.

#238 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 January 2024 - 08:38 PM

As we always say, your body will tell you, and there is no harm in staying for a while longer on one dose if it is going to rid you of a lot of harm....

IUN

#239 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 11:27 AM

Guys.....is the WD's on DULoxetine the same as benzos......ebb and flow....good days/bad?

I hade a good run of 5 days or so and thought i was out of the woods only for an overwhelming feeling of FLATNESS/impending doom, and no energy to kick in

Sometimes think I am losing my mind.....is this to be expected at this point? Looking for a little reassurance TBH and that what I am feeling is perfectly normal

"The way you have been handling things so far I think it is worth a try".

This is not the first time you have written a line like this and I look at the line and think...are they talkin' about me,do they think I am doing relatively well?

I think my diary of symptoms/woe on here is quite BAD and reads like a horror book but you guys sometimes chip in with lines like the one above and claim I am doing better than most on here!

Is that the case...am I doing relatively easy compared to others? Feels like shit TBH

I think I am having a really bad time around 7 to 10 days after a drop.....if it's the DUL that is messing my head and not the two months out Diazepam stop.....then DUL is every bit a bad as you guys claim it is....bloody drug

#240 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:04 PM

"Guys.....is the WD's on DULoxetine the same as benzos......ebb and flow....good days/bad?"

Just my experience but I found the ebb and flow to be greater with Cymbalta withdrawal than benzos, but yes, they both have the rollercoaster.

"Is that the case...am I doing relatively easy compared to others?"

Absolutely!!! I don't ever remember anyone that ever did both withdrawals at the same time that could manage it to the level you are at now. Normally each of these withdrawals individually take around 1 or 2 years to really be successful. You have been doing great.

Is that the case...am I doing relatively easy compared to others?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users