541 replies to this topic

#541 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 09:43 AM

LT - Do what you need to do to have a life. 

Myself, I went to sertraline after 6 months of suffering after my last dose of Cymbalta. Like you, I also had other issues going on at the same time as my withdrawal symptoms. My psych dr put me on a low dose of 50 mg of sertraline for a month and then raised the dose by 25 mg a month until symptoms were under control. With each increase in dose the symptoms got better and better. The reason for the slow increase in dose was...

1) With each increase in dose there are stomach issues for about 10 to 14 days before disappearing. A onetime big start-up dose can really make you sick for a while before the stomach settles down.

2) With a phase in you can find the dose that provides relief without taking any more sertraline than necessary.

I also would like to mention that I have been slowly reducing my dose over the last few years when I feel I can handle it. Withdrawal symptoms have not been bad as long as I go slowly.

Please take care of yourself LT.

Hat........did the morning anxiety eventually lift with the sertraline? perhaps it was last of the side FX to reslove but did eventually clear up?

Hope you are well

#542 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2024 - 06:58 AM

With each dose increased it reduced. One I hit the right dose it went away. After each dose increase it took about 3 to 4 weeks to see a corresponding drop in the anxiety.

Hang in there sir

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users